I’ve gone ahead and made a page to hold all of The Banner comic episodes. This is something Okimin and I work on about every other month, so updates will not be frequent but we do try to keep them regular. Enjoy.
Every other weekend we will be running Rally races with specific criteria on stages across a wide span of maps.
There will be actual prizes on Steam for the winners, so be sure to participate!
Here is the Steam group link. We will disseminate information mostly through this group, so it’s important that you join it.
You will need the ACF SVN posted on our server info page, and THIS ADDITIONAL CONTENT to compete. You will -not be able to compete- without these files.
Here’s the rules:
There are 3 Rally Groups. You must build a car to these specifications or else! the MDRL uses ACF to power its cars. There will be links for everything needed.
Group 1: 1.6L engine, total vehicle weight must be between 1000-1300KG.
Group 2: 2.0L engine, total vehicle weight must be between 1500-1800KG.
Group3: Unlimited. You can use any engine, any weight, the only limitation is your ability to control the car!
Remember, powering your vehicles MUST come from ACF, no applytorque, thrusters, etc is allowed!
Moving Tub Race to Friday, March 9, 7 p.m. EST.
It’s that time again. Time for another contest, and this time there’s a real prize on the line.
The goal is to build a car with a bathtub as the chassis, and then win a lengthy rally race with it.
Here are the rules:
- You must use a bathtub for your chassis. That means the wheels and major components are attached to it.
- The tub model path is models/props_c17/FurnitureBathtub001a.mdl.
- You MUST use the ACF 2.2 liter petrol engine.
- No thrusters or any means other than the engine are allowed to propel the vehicle. This means no applytorque E2′s or anything of the like.
- There is no weight limit.
- There is no seat limit.
- There is no wheel limit.
- Wheels MUST collide.
- To win, the car must be able to traverse the rally course.
The rally course in question is GM_Rallye_v1. I will be leaving this on the server for you to practice, or you can practice offline.
As for the prize? Thanks to generous comrade EnKogNeato, the prize will be a ten dollar steam game.
The time limit is one week, which means the race will be held Monday, March 5, at 7 pm. EST.
On a whim, I bought a server from these guys. Eight slots, a whopping eight dollars.
Lo and behold, for a third of the price ArtofWar is charging me, the server runs fantastically. Great pings and, best of all, no lag interpolation when we get more than one car out. I haven’t fully stress tested the thing yet, but all impressions point to it being loads better than what we’re currently using.
It’s still missing some content at the moment, but that will get ironed out in the very near future. Tickets submitted, and all that jazz. As usual, the information is on the server page if you need it.
Mine-Dog.net – ACF – The Bear’s Asshole
After what were surely herculean efforts to complete their entries on time, four champions arose from the usual crowd of queers and gaylords.
After submitting to a prop count test and basic road/offroad test, a winner was chosen unanimously by the FALOTI Corp janitorial staff…
Congratulations to Karbine for his excellent entry. However, since all the entries were so fantastic, everyone gets to reap the reward equally. Now I bet you wish you’d entered, too.
And now, a photo montage of all the great entries.
Thanks again, guys!
Had the server moved to a new box, so the IP changed.
We have a new Gmod server. The information is, as usual, available on the server info page. That said, it’s time for a small contest. Here are the guidelines:
- Total prop limit must be under 75 props, including wheels.
- Vehicle must be drivable and steerable.
- Vehicle may be powered however you please. ACF engines get preferential judging, however.
- Can be any four wheeled car-type vehicle. This includes jeeps, crawlers, go karts and the like.
- Deadline is Thursday, Feb. 16. Judging will be done throughout the evening as people are available, winners announced when all entries are viewed.
- Judging will be based on the BEST LOOKING vehicle that meets the above criteria.
Either myself or Ajax will be doing the judging.
Winners will receive a custom rank in the server with privileges equivalent to the Employee rank, but it may be named whatever you like. No, you can’t have admin.
Now then, carry on.